Monday, March 22, 2010

Identity

For so long I clung to a certain belief about myself. Then something happened and I changed the perspective a little and I've found myself in an interesting place. A place I don't understand. A place that I'm not all that comfortable living in, but a place that I find myself.


For one, I'm married.
*I swore to the Gods that I would be single for my entire life. I couldn't imagine participating in a convention I found to be so stifling. When Gloria Steinem got married I thought "What the FUCK?"

Number two, I'm soon moving the 'burbs
*Not the real 'burbs, but it ain't Denver, and that sticks in my craw. I never thought I'd see the day that I would live outside the city limits of Denver. It's comfortable, and I can walk anywhere I want (especially when I'm not sober enough to drive.) Every place I like to go is in the city. All my favorite places to eat, my favorite record stores, my favorite book store... the list is endless.

So really, when is the time machine gonna get built?! Screw health care, immigration reform, the deficit, I need a time machine. I need to go back to 25 and prepare myself! I had no idea what it meant to grow up! No one told me what it would look like. I thought I would be young, carefree, and unpinned forever. Time is a bully that is approaching me like a hammer and I'm not comfortable.

I guess what I'm saying is: I need to buy a sports car and other frilly toys because I have officially started my mid-life crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment