Monday, March 22, 2010

Beginning again...

I used to blog. A lot. Anonymously. Sometimes I would cross post on MySpace, but that place has been dead years now, right?

Alas, there is something so wonderful about purging thoughts and ideas that circle around in the head until it has a place to rest. Perhaps that's why so many people blog. Most blogs I subscribe to are family blogs, places friends keep friends up to date on babies, marriages, deaths, lives...

I always used my blog as a way to show how awesome I am. Lies, lies, lies. I really just enjoyed putting my thoughts into the universe, getting feedback, and reintegrating. It was nice to engage in witty banter with people I didn't know and who didn't know me.

I learned that I am smart and there are smarter people than me.
I learned to appreciate exactly what made me unique and I got to know some really fantastic people that I will never meet in real life- and maybe that's a gift.
The jury is still out on that. There are some web-friends that I would love to know and have over for bbqs and beers.

Beer...I love beer.

So, I've reached a threshold in my life. A jumping off of sorts. Maybe a new beginning. With this comes doubts, reservations, a longing for times past. And so, I blog again. A new blog, for new times? Perhaps, but if I'm honest I tried every possible password and could not log in to the old blog. Long forgotten e-mail address and a password I can't retrieve= new blog.

1 comment: